With our materials, Church workers and parents can confidently offer to explain Christianity in Primary Schools; Christmas, Easter and well known stories from the Bible. We aim to comply with the National Curriculum and the Religious Education syllabus for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
During this 30 minute lesson pupils will learn that Christmas is a Christian festival remembering the birth of the Baby Jesus and the events surrounding his birth. 2 options for a craft activity included in the lesson plan.
The download included 2x 40 minute lessons. During these lessons pupils learn about the celebration of Jesus' birth and how it shows he is special for Christians.
Luke 2:8-16 & Matthew 2:1-12
During this 60 minute lesson pupils should learn:
• About Jesus' birth and it’s meaning to Christians
• Show understanding of who Christians believe Jesus to be and why
• Raise questions about aspects of the life of Jesus which they find puzzling, giving their own considered response
• Why do Christians believe it is important that God came to earth in human form and shared in human experience?
• Compare Matthew and Luke’s account of the Nativity
• Reflect on the implications of ‘God becoming man’ and who Jesus was or is
During this lesson we aim to teach students that the New Testament contains stories about the life of Jesus and stories Jesus told, such as the Good Samaritan. We reflect on what the story teaches us: that we must love other people no matter who they are.
This 20 minute lesson aims to teach pupils that some stories are special to religious groups. It explains that at Easter Christians celebrate Jesus' new life.