A series of 5 Easter lessons
The Wonder of Easter is a series of 5 lessons following Jesus on his journey in Luke’s Gospel. Through these five passages children will discover the story of Jesus' death and resurrection as the most amazing story ever told.
The lessons have been written to dovetail with the Wonder of Easter book of family Bible times, so that families can explore the Easter story at home while their church teaches these key stories:
The return of the King (Luke 19:30, 35-40)
Taken away by guards (Luke 22:47-54)
Saved! Just in time (Luke 23:32-34, 39-43)
Jesus is alive! (Luke 24:36-49)
He’s gone, we’re still happy (Luke 24:50-53)
A video recording and handout of a workshop on how can we grip 8-11s with simple Bible truths
In this series of 7 short all age talks children and their families learn that:
God is Holy, God is three persons, God is everywhere, God is forever, God is in charge, God is love.
Luke 2:8-12, John 3:16;1:14, Isaiah 1:18, Philippians 2:8 & Isaiah 9:6
Games to play and illustrations to use for your Children’s Christmas event
You’ll still need to study the passage, prepare your talk and make it suit your context; but maybe there is just the seed of an idea that you need to get started. This download contains 6 games and Bible illustrations to get you going.
Luke 2:8-16 & Matthew 2:1-12
During this 60 minute lesson pupils should learn:
• About Jesus' birth and it’s meaning to Christians
• Show understanding of who Christians believe Jesus to be and why
• Raise questions about aspects of the life of Jesus which they find puzzling, giving their own considered response
• Why do Christians believe it is important that God came to earth in human form and shared in human experience?
• Compare Matthew and Luke’s account of the Nativity
• Reflect on the implications of ‘God becoming man’ and who Jesus was or is