7 Sep 2021
Kids, parents, grandparents, churches, ministers, streets, communities – we’re going on a Christmas adventure and we want you to join us!
Our belly-busting Christmas menu of resources is being prepared and there’s something for everyone. So, get out your diary right now and make a note of 2 important dates:
7th October – Online Big Day Out - Join us for bucketloads of inspiration and help as you plan for Christmas, plus a sneak peek of the first lesson from our Adventure of Christmas teaching materials. Book here.
4th November – Our second Big Day Out of the term. Join us for the launch of the full Adventure of Christmas package, when we will give you all the training and help you need to make best use of it. All the Adventure of Christmas material will be available to download from this date.
Can’t wait till 7th October? Here’s a taste of what’s to come!
• Our brand new Adventure of Christmas family Bible times book takes you on a journey to the stable: meet the characters, discover the story and get hands-on with the activities. Everyone gets a question AND this time we’ve got pictures! Why not start a Christmas book club with your church, street or wider family to spur one another along?
• Check out our first-ever Advent calendar! Keep track of your progress on the journey to the stable by adding a sticker each day to this beautiful advent scene.
Whatever your Christmas plans, there’s something for you in our brand new Adventure of Christmas teaching material.
• Over 4 weeks, join the real life characters of the Christmas story - Mary, Joseph, the shepherds and the wise men – as they meet the Saviour.
• Whether you want everybody-in Sunday sessions or separate Sunday School, online or in person, our Adventure of Christmas material has got it covered! You’ll find all the usual teachers' notes, story-telling ideas, lesson plans, crafts and discussion questions that you expect from a Faith in Kids Sunday School series PLUS extra suggestions to help you adapt the material for different formats.
• Ministers – Adventure of Christmas isn’t just for children’s workers! If you’re planning an all age service we’re here to help with tips on how to use our material to make the whole service accessible for all ages.
• Use our teaching resources to help you plan your own community project. Meet the characters on a story trail. Use our illustrations to prepare some Christmas windows. Plan a ‘Carols in the Park’ with a guest appearance from some nativity characters. The possibilities are endless…
• You can use Adventure of Christmas as the basis for an outreach pack. We’ve designed our “take home sheets” and “Sunday crafts” so that they can also be used in a gift bag to deliver to local families along with a Christmas card, invitation or gift from your church.
“And Mary said: My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.” Luke 1:46,47
Mary faced an uncertain and insecure future. There was a lot she didn’t know but what she had heard was enough for her to glorify God and rejoice. May that be true of us, too. As we struggle to plan, wondering how things will work out, let’s remind our own hearts of the good news: we have a Saviour to rejoice in, a God who remembers us and the gift of another day to bring him glory.