22 Nov 2018
Christmas is the perfect time to give Gospel centered gifts to your loved ones. Here’s our top picks.
1. The Christmas Promise is a captivating retelling of the Christmas story showing how God kept His promise to send a new King, with superb illustrations by Catalina Echeverri.
2. For any boy who enjoyed the Diary of a Wimpy Kid, we highly recommend Christian Union’s new book, Diary of a Disciple: Peter and Paul’s story. A contemporary retelling of the book of Acts, written in a modern, quirky, illustrative style that children love. Perfect to be read to a child over 6, while 8+ will happily read it alone (we’re told it’s a big hit with boys who aren’t keen readers!)
3. Giving the gift of time spent together with your Children is always a great thing. You can make it even better by spending time together in God’s word. The Seeds family worship series is a perfect companion for those moments. A proven global best-seller, a Fun, Easy Way for Your Family to Learn, Memorize and Hide God’s Word in Your Hearts! The latest one in the series is titled: The Journey, containing 15 songs. All music is word-for-word scripture. Pure gold!
4. Everyone A Child Should Know is a great little book for introducing young children to some of the men and women in the last 2,000 years who God has changed into Gospel-people. In this book children will meet 52 christian men and women (one for each week of the year) from all walks of life who wanted to live for their friend Jesus. For more fun and games, why not get matching set of cards with fantastic illustrations from Jenny Brake. We’re sure that even adults will learn a thing or two!
5. The Good Book Company’s beautiful book, The Littlest Watchman (for ages 3-7) A perfect gift for advent as you help children focus on Jesus at Christmas. As children wait with anticipation for Christmas, they can follow the adventures of Benjamin¬¬– the littlest watchman–who waits for and then witnesses the first Christmas. Kids will be gripped by what Benjamin saw, and will be excited by the nativity story all over again.
6. If you have a child who finds reading the Bible boring, get The Action Bible for them. It is the most complete picture Bible ever! And it features a captivating, up-to-date artwork style—making it the perfect Bible for today’s visually focused culture. We can’t recommend this book highly enough for anyone aged 5 -90.
7. A Very Noisy Christmas is the perfect gift for children aged 2-6. This fun and fresh retelling of the Christmas story comes with invitations to make some noise, so that children can join in as parents read to them. But it also shows children that at the heart of the Christmas story is something we should all be quiet and see: God’s Son Jesus was born, so that we can be friends with God forever.
8. Another favourite to add to the collection is The Friend Who Forgives, a stunning book that tells the story of bumbling, enthusiastic Peter and his friendship with Jesus, through the good and bad times. It’s illustrated with the most beautiful, detailed, and characterful pictures.
9. Love Came Down at Christmas is a wonderful book to offer to your friends in the run up to Christmas. Amidst all the glitter, goo and glow of Christmas, let this book warm your heart with the wonder of God’s s.aving purposes. Sinclair Ferguson’s insightful simplicity will refresh you in the ancient Christmas story, and help you stoke the fire of devotion for God, which should characterise all our Christmas celebrations.
10. Enjoying God is gourmet food for the weary soul. Tim Chester shows us how we can really, expansively, and truly enjoy our communion with God—not by any weird spiritual techniques but by drilling down into our oneness with him. As we understand the three Persons of God more richly, we are invited into a more vivid and real experience of him. This is profound truth in simple and engaging writing.