During this 30 minute lesson pupils will learn that Christmas is a Christian festival remembering the birth of the Baby Jesus and the events surrounding his birth. 2 options for a craft activity included in the lesson plan.
The download included 2x 40 minute lessons. During these lessons pupils learn about the celebration of Jesus' birth and how it shows he is special for Christians.
Luke 2:8-16 & Matthew 2:1-12
During this 60 minute lesson pupils should learn:
• About Jesus' birth and it’s meaning to Christians
• Show understanding of who Christians believe Jesus to be and why
• Raise questions about aspects of the life of Jesus which they find puzzling, giving their own considered response
• Why do Christians believe it is important that God came to earth in human form and shared in human experience?
• Compare Matthew and Luke’s account of the Nativity
• Reflect on the implications of ‘God becoming man’ and who Jesus was or is
A Carol Service talk
The aim of this talk for us to understand that once we know who Jesus is; we can obey Him as the Lord of our lives. Complete with ppt, a short clip and a family devotional to hand out, this engaging talk is a perfect solution if you can’t spend time preparing visuals or have noone to join you on the stage at the all-age carol service.
A Christmas Monologue
Herod tells us he is angry, and feels threatened by the birth of some baby who apparently has the X-factor. Unsettling prophecies going back hundreds of years say that this guy’s future is written in the stars, that he’s going to change the world - his world. So he comes up with a guile and cunning plan.