Luke 2:8-16 & Matthew 2:1-12
During this 60 minute lesson pupils should learn:
• About Jesus' birth and it’s meaning to Christians
• Show understanding of who Christians believe Jesus to be and why
• Raise questions about aspects of the life of Jesus which they find puzzling, giving their own considered response
• Why do Christians believe it is important that God came to earth in human form and shared in human experience?
• Compare Matthew and Luke’s account of the Nativity
• Reflect on the implications of ‘God becoming man’ and who Jesus was or is